Thursday, November 3, 2011

Race car birthday card

When my bestfriend from California came for a  visit over the summer, she told me that she brought me lots of goodies.   When she arrived, we didn't get a chance to even talk about the goodies because of the tight scheduled that we had planned.  So, the surprised "goodies" sat in my craftroom in the basement untouch the whole summer.  I was cleaning up over the weekend and saw a Walmart plastic bags in the corner thinking that it was just trash, I put the rest of the my garbage stuff from my scraproom next to it and told my husband to throw away.    That's when he told me that I better make sure because, it had stuff that "he thinks" I should not throw away!   Well, the "goodies" are Cricut Lites from Walmart!!!   
I called my girlfriend and told her that I just found the goodies the told me about and that we forgot about!  She told me that her daughter (Liz), went to  Walmart to buy one Cricut Lite for a friend's birthday, when the cartridge rang up $20.00 dollars at the register, Liz immediately called her about the deal because Liz knew that I love to scrapbook.  My girlfriend drove to Walmart right away, and bought pretty much every Cricut Lites Walmart had in the shelfs.  Some cartridges are $29.00 some are $20.00 dollars.  My girldfriend didn't even look at what she bought because I had two of some of the cartridges.  That means I am good for some Christmas presents!   So, tonight, I made a race car birthday card for one of my son's friend. Althought, this cartridge, I already owned.     

3 comments:

  1. You have a GREAT friend!!! Not to mention an incredible husband. If I told my husband the bag was garbage he wouldn't have looked in it. He would have just thrown it away. Keep up the crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, thank you...my husband was happy that I didn't not have to buy the cartridges.

    ReplyDelete