Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

 I joined the NO Spending Freeze for two months with Circlet buddies at the Cricut Circle MB. 
We started in the beginning of August.  I thought it's a great idea.  One of the many reasons for not spending for several months for me is because, I spend more time buying and collecting than scrapping.    To keep me from spending, I made a goal to re-organize my scrap room, learn and keep up to date with my blog.  There's a lot to learn about blogging.  Having these two goals, I should be able to stay away from buying and buying and start using what I already have and be able to share what I create.   
 
I just recently finished my scrap room re-do, and I found a lot of stuff that I haven't used.  One of them was the Letterpress.  I love this tool.  I only use this tool several times because, I was having a hard time figuring out how much  to ink my Letterpress plate and my project was not drying well.     Anyways, my Aunt and my mom's birthday is coming up so, I decided to make a birthday card with my Letterpress .  The Letterpress printing plates "Holiday" is the one I use for this Birthday card.  This card is for my Aunt.





Place a small amount of ink on the ink base. 
Roll brayer tool through ink until evenly quoted. 
Roll brayer lightly over printing press plates until evenly quoted. 
To achieved a quality print make sure that you use very little ink and If your project is not drying, there's probably too much ink on the plate.  
As you can tell I did not buy the Epic Six because, I already own a big kicks and it works just fine.
The end result above.  With the Letterpress, you can only use their paper, ink, and even the ink cleaner.  I tried other cleaners but it did not work. 
For the card, I also used the Cricut Art Philosophy <Oval5> frame and layer.
Embossed stamp Happy Birthday by Close to my heart stamp "Celebration"  
Well, I am going to bed now.  Hope you like the card. 

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! Thank you for the tutorial! Good luck with the No Spending Freeze!
    Carolyn
    cccscraproom@windstream.net
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete